you say hike I say walk

Saturday, January 23, 2010


My sisters and I went on an urban hike today. There was debate whether this is considered a hike or a walk. Kristi the hiker, says it is a hike. I am okay calling it either a walk or a hike. Lori says we can call it a wike. I say we can call it a halk. Whatever we call it, we had plenty of time to mull it over. A hike is a long walk, no. How long is long?

We started at the corner of Margarite and Vista Del Lago. The total walk was 5.4 miles according to google pedometer. The first two miles were on Vista Del Lago to Alicia and back. It appears there was an elevation gain of about 500 feet.

Ground decor on Alicia side of lake.


Click here to see a map of the hike.

Next it was an approximate 3 mile walk around the lake. We completed the walk in about one hour and 45 minutes.

Karen, this photo is for you. Obligatory shoe shot


Photos courtesy of Kristi

Comments

No response to “you say hike I say walk”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
3 Days and 60 Miles | Blogger Template Design By LawnyDesigns Powered by Blogger