Walking and Running

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Well, I have been getting back into the swing of things. After a long vacation I finally started walking this week. Not much, but it is a start. I walked 3 miles on Thursday and 3 on Friday.

Now on to running. Before children I ran. Before my second child was born I ran. I have not ran much in the past three years. Well that is changing.

On Thursday I incorporated a bit of running with my walking. It will take some time to run long distances again. I was only able to run for a few minutes at a time. I have a long way you to.

A dilemma I have, though, is how do I train for the 3 day event and incorporate running, too. In my opinion, running should be counted as cross-training since different muscles are used or used differently. So the days where I cross-train, I will run instead of walk.

One thing is for sure, I need to step it up. Only 15 weeks to go!

Comments

One response to “Walking and Running”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

While I don't have any answers for you I do share in your problem! It's already hard to balance all of our other responsibilities in life with finding time to train for the 3 day. Unfortunately, last year I found that in the end my training walks meant less time focusing on other forms of working out. When you add in trying to run it just becomes more difficult. Sometimes when I do run in the middle or beginning of a training walk I ask myself "does this count as part of my mileage?" "Was that just a warm up for my walk?" If you figure out a way to manage all of this, please share! And good luck with the 3 Day! Looks like we'll be walking in the same walk!

Post a Comment

 
3 Days and 60 Miles | Blogger Template Design By LawnyDesigns Powered by Blogger