going uphill

Friday, March 12, 2010

My daily walks include hills. One of the routes I take at work is half down hill and half uphill. I find walking up hills increases my strength and stamina. It burns more calories, too. I know when I walk in San Diego this year there will be many hills. The route from last year started in Del Mar and went through La Jolla and down to downtown. Have you been to Torrey Pines State Reserve? Enough said. There are some big hills.

This is why I like walking in the wilderness when I can. In South Orange County, where I live, there are a lot of hills. This is good training ground.

Tomorrow, I am going on a hike in the Irvine Land Conservancy, Fremont Canyon area and am very excited about it. The hike is supposed to be 5-6 miles, not terribly long, but with a 1000 foot elevation gain. Should be fun. It will also be an interpretive hike and I will learn a lot about thehistory of the area. I will let you know how it went and of course, I will have some pics to post.

Comments

No response to “going uphill”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
3 Days and 60 Miles | Blogger Template Design By LawnyDesigns Powered by Blogger